How do I pay my rent?

City Living tenants are able to pay rent by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), Credit Card and BPAY. Under no circumstances do we accept payment by cash or cheque.
Payments can take up to three business days to reach City Living, so remember to allow enough time for us to receive your rent payment on or before the due date.
By paying your rent on time, you will not only make your landlord happy, but we will be able to give you a great rental reference if you decide to move in the future.

Please see your payment options below.

Your rental payment options

If you choose EFT!

City Living will supply you with a BSB and ACCOUNT NUMBER that is unique to your apartment. This personalised ACCOUNT NUMBER ensures that any payments you make will be automatically receipted to you. All you have to do is log-in to your online banking account and create a payment using the supplied BSB and ACCOUNT NUMBER. We suggest setting up a recurring payment, so you can set and forget. This will mean your rent will always be paid on time.

If you choose CREDIT CARD!

You will pay your rent through Westpac PayWay; a secure website where you can make one-off payments or schedule a recurring payment called a direct debit. It is here you can also modify or cancel any payments. Please let City Living know if you would like to use this options and we will send you a unique BILLER CODE and PAYWAY REFERENCE NUMBER.

Any payments made with a credit card incur a 1.12% transaction fee.

If you choose BPAY!

BPAY payments are made through your online banking account using a unique BILLER CODE and BPAY REFERENCE NUMBER. Once you have let us know you wish to use this method of payment, we will send you your payment details.

How do I pay my bond?

Your bond is lodged directly with NSW Fair Trading through a secure website.

Once you have registered you will be able to check the status of your bond, receive email or SMS updates, as well as submit a claim to have your bond refunded.

To get a quick idea about how Rental Bonds Online works, take a look at the Getting started with Rental Bonds Online fact sheet!

For more detailed information about the whole process, visit Rental Bonds Online or log-in to view your account.
Otherwise, contact the Rental Bonds Online team by email or on 1800 990 724.

I need something fixed!

This page is for standard maintenance requests, not urgent repairs. If you do have an urgent repair and you have not been able to reach the City Living office or your Property Manager, please read and follow the instructions in the ‘I have an urgent repair!’ section on this page. All non-urgent maintenance requests must be made in writing and the most efficient way to do this is to complete and submit a maintenance form.

Once our office has received your request, they will contact you to confirm receipt of your request and outline the process in regards to the repair. If you have not heard from our office within one business day, please follow up by calling our office on 9299 0990 (option 4). Also, if you are not contacted by the nominated tradesperson within the given timeframe, please let us know.

Maintenance Request Form

I have an urgent repair!

Please remember that the contacts below are provided to you for urgent repairs only and should not be contacted for minor issues. If a repair is not urgent, please read the and follow the instructions in the ‘I need something fixed!’ section. If you are sure your repair qualifies as an urgent repair, firstly try and contact your Property Manager, if you are unsuccessful, then contact the preferred tradespeople listed below:

Plumbing & Hot Water – Optimal Plumbing Services – 0405 313 313

Electrician – Glenco Electrical – (02) 9389 5355

Locksmith – Abbco – (02) 9389 1166

If work is not deemed an urgent repair, you may be responsible for the associated charges. If you are unsure what constitutes an urgent repair, check your lease or read the about urgent repairs in the REINSW Residential Tenancy Agreement below.

REINSW Residential Tenancy Agreement - Urgent Repairs

19. The landlord agrees to pay the tenant, within 14 days after receiving written notice from the tenant, any reasonable costs (not exceeding $1,000) that the tenant has incurred for making urgent repairs to the residential premises (of the type set out below) so long as:

19.1 The damage was not caused as a result of a breach of this agreement by the tenant, and
19.2 the tenant gives or makes a reasonable attempt to give the landlord notice of the damage, and
19.3 the tenant gives the landlord a reasonable opportunity to make the repairs, and
19.4 the tenant makes a reasonable attempt to have any appropriate trades person named in this agreement make the repairs, and
19.5 the repairs are carried out, where appropriate, by licensed or properly qualified persons, and
19.6 the tenant, as soon as possible, gives or tries to give the landlord written details of the repairs, including the cost and the receipts for anything the tenant pays for.

Note. The type of repairs that are urgent repairs are defined in the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 and are defined as follows:
(a) a burst water service,
(b) an appliance, fitting or fixture that uses water or is used to supply water that is broken or not functioning properly, so that a substantial amount of water is wasted,
(c) a blocked or broken lavatory system,
(d) a serious roof leak,
(e) a gas leak,
(f) a dangerous electrical fault,
(g) flooding or serious flood damage,
(h) serious storm or fire damage,
(i) a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises,
(j) a failure or breakdown of any essential service on the residential premises for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering,
(k) any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or insecure

I want to vacate!

If you wish to vacate a property in accordance with your lease agreement, please contact our property management team. Notice to vacate must be made in writing, either by email or post. If you email your notice to us and have not heard from City Living within two business days, please follow up by calling our office on 9299 0990 (option 4). However, if you posted your vacate notice, please allow four business days before calling.

For vacate terms please refer to your lease, or read ‘Clause 96 & 97’ from the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 in regards to vacating a property below:

REINSW Residential Tenancy Agreement - Division 3 (Termination by tenant)

96 End of fixed term agreement
(1) A tenant may, at any time before the end of the fixed term of a fixed term agreement, give a termination notice for the agreement that is to take effect on or after the end of the fixed term.
(2) The termination notice must specify a termination date that is on or after the end of the fixed term and is not earlier than 14 days after the day on which the notice is given.

97 Termination of periodic agreement by tenant
(1) A tenant may, at any time, give a termination notice for a periodic agreement.
(2) The termination notice must specify a termination date that is not earlier than 21 days after the day on which the notice is given.

Your property management team

Anthony Kannis

Property Manager

+61 2 8248 9109
+61 405 415 415

Would you like to receive Property Alerts?