Our property management department is well schooled in the latest legislation and this knowledge, along with a structured model in regards to the leasing and management processes, ensure the experience is effortless and uncomplicated for our landlords. We provide first class service from start to finish, ensuring each landlord receives the highest level of personalised service from our experienced property management team and we endeavour to look after your property as if it was our own.
Our five non-negotiable standards
1. Zero tolerance for rent arrears1
2. Routine inspections are carried out twice a year and a thorough report that includes photos is sent to you2
3. Viewing inspections are by appointment to work with the potential tenants schedule, to ensure we get them through your property as soon as possible3
4. Applications are thoroughly checked and includes previous tenancies as well as employment and personal references4
5. Rent reviews are regularly carried out5
Leasing your property
Your investment property not only requires personalised attention and service for it to be managed successfully, but also an effective strategy to attract the desired clientele and to capture their immediate interest in your property. When a property becomes vacant, a pre-vacate inspection is done and it is at this time our agents assess whether or not any maintenance is required and if the rent needs to be adjusted, before it is advertised for rent.
Once prospective tenants are found, through advertising or our client database, they are put through a careful screening process. If results are all positive, only then will the leasing department inform you of the proposed tenants details. If you agree, City Living will then sign the lease on your behalf.
Your monthly statement
Each Month City Living posts or emails you a detailed rental statement that includes monies received and disbursements made, including strata, council, water and repairs. You also have the choice of whether payments are issued in the form of a cheque and posted to you or electronically transferred to you on the day End of Month is processed. Depending on your financial institution, funds are usually in your account the next day.
A Financial Year Statement is also produced at the end of each financial year providing you with a detailed income and expenditure report, saving you hundreds of dollars in accountancy fees.
Our ten points of difference
1. At City Living, we have specialist team members who are well schooled in the latest legislation and who look after each aspect of managing and leasing your property.1
2. As a City Living landlord you are able to access your property details, including rent amounts, lease end dates, past statements and disbursements, as well as maintenance reports outlining completed and pending requests, online, 24-hours a day2
3. Each month City Living posts or emails you a detailed rental statement that includes monies received and disbursements made3
4. A Financial Year Statement is also produced at the end of each financial year providing you with a detailed income and expenditure report, saving you hundreds of dollars in accountancy fees4
5. Invoices from tradespeople and strata levies, along with water and council rates can be paid on your behalf5
6. We conduct two routine inspections on your property within a 12 month period, ensuring that your property is well maintained6
7. City Living will coordinate all your property management requirements using only fully licensed and insured contractors7
8. Tenants have a wide range of options available to them in regards to making rental payments, thus ensuring there are no excuses for unpaid rent8
9. Through our principal, Bruce Fallshaw, a licensed strata manager, City Living has a thorough knowledge of strata management issues and understand how to deal with owners corporation groups9
10. City Living offers tenants a free service from Connect, to simplify the moving in process, by organising all of their utility needs for them10
I want to swap to City Living!
If you want to make the change from another agency, swapping to City Living will be easy and hassle free when you follow our simple three step process:
Step 1 – Contact us
Give Veronica Morgan a call on 0419 267 888 to discuss your property and any questions you may have.
Step 2 – Authorisation
Give us authorisation to act on your behalf with third parties.
Step 3 – relax!
City Living will contact relevant third parties, including organising for water, rate and strata notices to be sent to us, as well as picking up keys and any paperwork from your previous agent. We will also carry out an inspection of your property, all with no disruption to your tenants.